A message to our clients about the coronavirus
Our city and state continue to deal with the enormous impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our hearts go out to those affected by this ongoing pandemic.
As the situation continues to unfold, Baltimore Home Cleaning will continue to track and act upon updates, information, and guidance from relevant authorities and health agencies.
What We Are Doing
I wanted to personally reach out to you and provide an update on our efforts to help prevent the spread of the virus.
At Baltimore Home Cleaning, we have always prioritized the health and safety of our team members, clients, and community. In these uncertain times, we have sharpened our focus. The most important thing for us is to ensure that we conduct business safely. As such, we will continue to operate with caution and follow guidelines provided by the CDC and others, including:
- Conducting pre-shift health screenings for all employees
- Using EPA-approved disinfectant cleaners
- Requiring all employees to wear a mask, gloves, and shoe covers in client homes
- Practicing safe social distancing and minimizing face-to-face contact with clients
- Disinfecting vacuum cleaners between locations
- Frequently washing our hands with soap for the recommended 30 seconds
- Providing employees with alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of our office
- Limiting the number of people in our office at one time
- Limiting the sharing of equipment and supplies between employees
- Requiring employees to stay home if they are sick
What You Can Do
We encourage our clients to let us know if they, or anyone in their household, are sick or show signs of illness.
Follow these tips from the CDC to help prevent the spread of the seasonal flu and respiratory diseases like Coronavirus (COVID-19): CDC: How to Protect Yourself & Others.
With these extra measures in place and your cooperation, we believe that we can reduce the spread of the Coronavirus in our community.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Stay safe, stay well.
Chris Pittman Jr.
Chief Executive Officer
Baltimore Home Cleaning
Updated March 24, 2020: Baltimore Home Cleaning is still open.
Governor Larry Hogan has issued an executive order requiring all non-essential businesses in Maryland to close as of 5 P.M. on March 23, 2020. As a janitorial firm and property maintenance company, Baltimore Home Cleaning is excluded from this order, and we will continue to operate with limited staff. Please continue reading to learn more about the precautions we are taking to protect our employees, clients, and community, and to prevent the spread of the virus.
Thank you for entrusting us with the cleanliness of your home. With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak present here in our community, we wanted to share some of the extra precautions we are taking to combat the spread of the virus.
Our team is closely monitoring and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and state and local authorities to ensure that we are doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our community safe.
- Asking you, our clients, to postpone or reschedule your cleanings if any person in your house is sick or shows signs of illness.
- Practicing social distancing and minimizing face-to-face contact with clients.
- Deploying a new EPA-approved disinfectant cleaner that meets all of our standards for cleaning, household safety, multi-surface compatibility, and is EPA-approved to kill SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Implementing a hew high-touch disinfecting procedure that includes all doors, doorknobs, light switches, handrails, appliance control panels, and other high-touch areas throughout your home.
- Reinforcing our existing health and safety protocols with our staff, such as the importance of frequent and proper handwashing, glove use, mask use, and thoroughly disinfecting their vacuum cleaners and other equipment after each job.
- Ensuring employees have the information they need to remain healthy and instructing them to stay home from work if they, or any member of their household, are sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Temporarily waiving all service cancellation fees to encourage clients who are sick or feeling unwell to postpone their cleanings.
We anticipate that school closures and illnesses will impact our availability for cleanings during this outbreak. This disruption may lead to an increase in the number of cleanings we have to reschedule or postpone. To ensure that we can service your home in a timely fashion, please review your cleaning schedule and update your flexibility preferences so that we may plan accordingly.
As we continue to monitor the latest developments regarding the Coronavirus, we will do all we can to help you stay safe, healthy, and informed. Our team is prepared for any service changes should they be required by the CDC or local officials.
A clean bill of health starts with good hygiene, and we’re here to help you maintain a clean and safe standard of living. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Take care of yourself and each other,
Chris Pittman Jr,
Chief Executive Officer
Baltimore Home Cleaning